Ayy me matey there are treasures to reap at
the Spring Convention!
Me and my happy crew the GMC Sunshine Statesmen and the GMC Dixielanders are comin and lootin, so look on out. Smartly, me lass, me matey registration is open!
Click here to download Tentative Schedule – Updated 3/15/19.
Shiver me timbers! Me matey you cant speak pirate!
Click here to check out the Pirate Terms and Phrases.
>> Convention Highlights
- Six nights camping with water and 30 amp or 50 amp service hookup (Friday through Wednesday night) – dump station available
- Come early on Wednesday and Thursday – $25 a night
- 18-24 hours of tech sessions
- 12-19 hours of non-tech sessions
- Vendors, Vendors, Vendors…
- Three ice cream socials
- Two catered dinners and lunch
- Daily Coffee Hour and Book Exchange
- Hot waffles daily
- Daily Morning Drawings
- Ladies Luncheon
- GMC Parts Exchange, Craft & Flea Market
- Open House
- Weighing of the Coaches
- Participate in the Sunday Worship Service Choir
- Pineblock Derby – Order your kit today and build your own derby racer for the
race in Tallahassee! Only $20 each with free shipping. Click here to order.
- The popular raffle for $1,000 in cash, free convention fees for two, plus many more items.
>> The Location
North Florida Fairgrounds
The physical and mailing address is 441 E. Paul Russell Road Tallahassee, FL 32301;
Lon: -84.276429, Lat: 30.403633.
>> Items of Interest
Book Exchange & Bookworms
Remember to bring your books, tapes, and dvds for the Book Exchange held each morning. Also, bring your favorite book and share it at the “Bookworms and their Diet” session. A list will be posted at gmcmi.com/community-book-list/. Check out previous book lists from other Conventions.
Get those GMC racers ready for the GMCMI Pineblock Derby!
- Those of you who have made additional GMC racers, please do bring them so that others can race them.
- Click here for GMCMI Pineblock Derby Rules.
- Build your own derby racer for the race in Tallahassee! Only $20 each per kit with free shipping. Click here to order.
Request for Tech Presenters
What is that one thing that you may wish to share? Here is your opportunity! The Mini-Tech Sessions consist of 15-20 minute tech/informational sessions that feature on thing that the presenter wishes to share. Need more time than 15-20 minutes, not a problem. We have a couple of session openings left. Contact Kim for more information.
GMC Part Exchange and Craft & Flea Market
Bring those no longer needed GMCMI items to sell! Also, we enjoy seeing and purchasing those lovely things you make.
GMC Motorhome Open House Tour
Tour and enjoy seeing original and updated GMC Motorhomes. The tour will follow the Parts, Flea and Craft Market on Sunday.
The “She Shed”
Ladies, join us at the “She Shed” where we socialize and have fun! Are you crocheting a project…come work on it and share it with the ladies. Bring any type of project you are working on or better yet…lead a group and help others to make one. One project scheduled is making blankets for a local charity. The blankets are easy to do. You don’t even need to sew! Just bring one yard of plain fleece and one yard of printed fleece and your scissors.
Not a crafty person…no problem. How about adult coloring? Items to color and markers supplied or bring your own. Better yet….just come, talk, laugh, and have fun! We will be serving snacks and sweets. See you there.
We have a couple of sessions open, just in case you have an idea or session you would wish to lead contact Kim today! Possible items:
- Smart Phone
- GMCMH for Ladies
- Napkin Folding
Treasures in Tallahassee Party
Ahoy Me Hearties Yo Ho! Keep a weathered eye on the horizon
For fun in the sun and some buccaneer swashbuckfin’
Chart your course for the Treasures in Tallahassee Party
Pirate attire requested but not required.