GMC Motorhomes for Sale – Listed by Year and Model
This page viewed over 8,500 times a month and kept current!
A GMCMI Member Benefit: GMCMI members selling their GMC Motorhome can receive a free ad listing on the gmcmi.com website (plus up to 9 photos), quarterly magazine and announcement on the GMCMI Facebook page, Vintage GMC Motorhome facebook page and the gmc.net (forum). Simply send an email to with your ad content, contact information, location, price and up to 9 photos. For more information call Kim at 612-501-4600.
NEW Member Benefit | GMCMI Member Benefit: GMCMI members selling their GMC Motorhome can transfer the remainder of their GMCMI membership to the new owner! Simply inform GMCMI at and a new member packet will be sent to the new owners. Plus, the new owner can purchase the GMCMI Flashdrive for only $10! (including shipping)
Not a GMCMI Member: Simply click here to join GMCMI for $40 and receive all of the member benefits as well! Including free advertising on the website and magazine.
Click here to see GMC Motorhomes that have sold via this listing!
We’ve owned this wonderful coach since 2002, and taken it on many adventures. We are the third owner, and unlike previous owners, when something broke, we repaired or replaced it. She was close to a basket case when we bought her. She’s never left us stranded and runs great. Over the years we have done a few upgrades both mechanically and with the interior. When we originally bought the coach it would only sleep two, we’ve added a dinette and bunk bed couch, so it can now easily sleep six. The cockpit seats have been upgraded to comfortable Honda Odyssey seats, and we have installed 3 point seatbelts for safety.
Yes, she needs some work, but she is over 45 years old.
- Replaced water heater
- Replaced furnace
- Replaced house water pump
- Generator carb rebuilt
- 2 15” TV/DVD/Radio units, one in “living” area and one in bedroom
- 90% LED interior lighting
- New kitchen counter top and modern faucet with sprayer
- Automatic external stove vent
- Cockpit vinyl dyed to a light tan
- Console installed between front seats
- Custom made overhead cabinet fronts (originals included)
- Replaced oil cooler hoses
- Replaced all shocks (KYB rear, Bilstein front)
- Replaced battery isolator
- Replaced all fuel lines
- Fuel tanks removed, cleaned and sealed
- New fuel tank senders
- New LP tank main valve
- Steering box replaced
- All window felts replaced
- All brakes redone
- New alternator
- Battery combiner
- Engine radiator recored
- New fan clutch
- Split fan shroud
- Tie-rod ends replaced
- Applied/GMC Quadrabag rear suspension
- 7 Eagle alloy wheels
- Viair air compressor
- Howell throttle body fuel injection w/EBL computer upgrade
- Dick Paterson HEI distributor
- Modern 1-ton front suspension, with larger brakes
- Applied/GMC stainless steel exhaust system
- Applied/GMC 3.70 final drive
- Thorley headers
- Extended transmission dip stick
- DigiPanel monitoring system
- New “Mac” Dash with all new instruments
- Ramco power mirrors
- New ride control valves
- Sensitized brake booster
- Auxiliary vacuum pump for brakes
- Honda Odyssey leather front seats
- Raised and sound insulated engine cover
- Radiator e-cored
- Split Fan Shroud Installed
- Fan clutch replaced
- Auxiliary air conditioner under dash
- Rectangular Headlight Upgrade
- 12” memory foam mattress
- New AM/FM/CD radio
- All radio speakers replaced
- New cruise control
- Added outside AC power outlet on right side
- Progressive Dynamics Power converter
- 1000 Watt inverter
- 50 Amp automatic transfer switch
- LED clearance lights
- Large modern rear taillights
- 2 Fan-Tastic roof fans
- Ragusa transmission oil pan
- Ragusa screen door
- Ragusa folding step
- Ragusa interior door handle
- Mirror wind wings
- Wheel well skirts (flares) (not installed)
- Ladder and roof top storage bin
- External macerator
- Lighted acrylic grab handle
- Upgrade map/reading lights
- “Lumina” wiper arms
- Original Service manual
- Original owners manual
- Parts Manual
- Large collection of CDs and DVDs of data.
NEW! | 1976 Birchaven (23′)
SC | $29,900 | listed 7-5-2020
Bruce Bowen | 864-482-1143
23′ Motor Home that has been tenderly cared for and garage kept. Lovingly nicknamed “Tweety Bird”, Interior is 90 -95% original and has only 77,000 miles. Every system works and she runs and drives beautifully. In the last four years the following upgrades were made. Added flat screen TV/DVD player and microwave. New shocks, new ride airbags, new marine battery, new tires filled with nitrogen, new luggage rack up top, new transmission seals and front seats recovered. Tweety is road ready to take your Family camping or to a ball game for tailgating. This collectible RV will go fast, so please let us know if interested to learn more.
NEW! | 1976 GMC Custom (26′) with Olds 455
WA| Asking $25,000 | listed 6-1-2020
Sean Sanders | | 425-299-1301
Not your average GMC upgrade!
The “EM-50 2.0” (“Stripes” fans know what I’m talking about) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bENF08EyIck
Technically a “Palm Beach” edition, but there is not much indication left after nearly 90% restoration. Purchased in 2011 and finished restoration in 2013. Interior was completely gutted with exception of bath and closet module (which is in great shape). Rigid insulation added to walls and ceiling. New walls and ceiling. Approximately 76K miles on original engine. Original 6Kw Onan Generator. Updated airbags. New instrument panel. New Interior. AC works well.
Runs and drives very well. I drove from Washington to Wisconsin and back without a hitch. I put about 1000 miles a year on it, mainly in Washington State. New tires and brakes about 2000k miles ago. Stored in Garage. Non smokers. More pictures are available on request (). Fly into Seattle and drive it home!
Some of the upgrades:
- Double link Timing Chain and All metal Timing Gear
- Replaced Front crankshaft seal (April 2020)
- New Timing chain cover/gasket (April 2020)
- New Aluminum Radiator, Water pump, Water outlet port, Thermostat (April 2020)
- New Headers (Doug’s)
- New Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Auxiliary Transmission cooler (in addition to Radiator cooler)
- Transmission fluid temperature gauges (going into cooler and coming out)
- Oil Cooler
- Custom Clear Lexan Engine Cover
- Engine compartment temperature gauge
- Custom LED lighting throughout
- 3 way Norcold Refrigerator
- Flat screen TV with “entertainment center”
- Built in Bar
- Alcoa Wheels (incl. spare)
- New Dashboard from Custom Instrument Panels (http://www.custominstrumentpanels.com)
- Custom paint
- New Mattress (Double)
- Vast amount of interior storage under bed and couch
- Pull out sleeper couch
- New Swivel Driver and Passenger Seats
- New Floors (easy to clean and replace rubber tiles)
- Updated Galley
- New Stereo/GPS/DVD player on dash
- Auto back up camera (on when shifted to reverse)
- Rear Video Camera while driving
- Roof mounted luggage rack
- New toilet
- Custom “GMC motorhome” steering wheel (limited edition).
- New House Batteries and starting battery summer 2019
- New Fantastic roof vent/fans (2)
- New 3 burner propane stove
- Privacy Door for Aft cabin (Bed)
- Ramco Side Power mirrors
- Ragusa door step
- New Fresh Water Tank and sender (2006)
- New Fresh water pump (2015)
NEW! | 1976 Eleganza II
CA | $16,500 | listed 5/20/2020
Tim Jordan | | text 650-464-5666.
65,000 miles, owned & used by me for 20+ years,
Many upgrades, many in last year: all brakes, reengineered emergency brake with pulleys, new master cylinder, one new rear brake drum, new air bags, all fuel lines from tank to fuel pump & new fuel pump, Dometic refrigerator warranty upgrade (runs propane, 110V or 12V), new rebuild of dining and couch areas to fold out to two twin beds with self-closing drawers for easier storage access under both areas. All coach and motor batteries are two years old. Within 5 years: new running lights, new fantastic fans on top front and back, new carburetor, new mufflers and exhaust pipes, new intake manifold, double belted pully for power steering & holding bracket, new air compressor for air suspension, new steering box, new shock absorbers on all wheels. Bamboo flooring, original layout. Reliable Onan generator has been serviced, low mileage Michelin tires all around. VIN # – TZE166V100421 Passes smog for California. Near San Francisco.
A “Head Turner”, beautifully restored with custom interior decor. Always garaged.
New Jasper engine with 6,000 miles on the odometer. New Transmission.
The important things you might like to know that are new (replaced):
- Heated side mirrors
- ALCOA aluminum wheels
- windshield, screened entry door and assist bar.
- New front grill and 12 V battery.
- Best of all, a custom Mercedes 2 stage paint job and two full awnings.
- New instrumental dash panel, vinyl swivel seats, carpeting, new tail lights, roof lights, reupholstered interior front cabin, day/night pull-down shades with cornices,
- 3 way refrigerator, new air conditioner and furnace
- under-counter AM/FM radio/disc players, microwave, TV hookup
- window covers front and rear
- Sewerage macerator
- One set of rear brakes and oversized disc brakes front and rear.
Original maintenance manuals.
The BOUDOIR: stunning decor: custom firm mattress on platform with storage under. Insulated roll up window shades and beautiful bed cover and shams.
Bicycle hookup at rear bumper, trailer or auto towing hook-up. There are so many little things….Let the pictures speak for themselves. Turn the key and drive her home.
Located between Rochester & Syracuse on Lake Ontario. 26 foot. Mileage estimated at 54K.
Interior description: Dinette with Captain Chairs in living space; Kitchen with stove, oven, refrig/freezer, sink; Rear master with Full sized bed. Dinette converts to bed in front. Wet bath with commode, shower, sink. Lots of storage throughout. Fabric upgraded.
Exterior description: White with black/Maroon accents – repainted by prior owner. Has storage pod, on-board generator, heat and A/C, house batteries separate from engine battery. Switch installed to interchange batteries (learned at one of the rallies.)
Video at https://youtu.be/GqUvrTXWK4k.
Recently serviced by Applied GMC in Newark, California! Oil lines, Onan control board and harness, coil, spark plugs replaced, Onan generator serviced, adjustable height link airbag isolators installed, LED Safari headlights.
The prior owner of this RV was my father and he was meticulous in servicing this GMC.He installed a newly rebuilt transmission and appreciated the GMC as the best RV to drive. I drove from Central California and stopped at Applied GMC in Newark, California to have the GMC inspected and worked on by a certified GMC RV professional. We have all the repair paperwork and GMC manuals that my father kept on this GMC Motorhome.
125,000 miles. Coach was in Texas from 1977 until 2013, Michigan for three years and Minneapolis, Minnesota, garaged at all times when not in use. Coach is now at the GMC Coop at Orlando FL. Extensive update by Jim Bounds at the Cooperative Motor Works in 2016-2020
- New Quad Bag system installed 2016
- New King Jack HDTV over air antenna installed in 2019
- Two Maxxair 7000 MaxxFan Deluxe Exhaust Fans installed in 2019
- Rebuilt Honda EV 6010 Generator Set installed in 2019
- “New” 455 cubic inch engine – rebuilt and installed by Cinnabar. 1500 miles on rebuilt engine
- Alcoa rims including spare, 7 new tires
- Rear Twin Beds
- Voyager Color CCD IR LED Rear camera with 7” monitor
- 2 Televisions with built-in DVD players
- Electric induction cooktop with pans
- 2 New Coleman Mach8 Air Conditioners
- New leather dinette, conversion sofa and front driver and passenger seats installed in 2017
- Dry bath
- Norcold refrigerator – AC/DC/Propane
- Hot water – AC/Propane and “engine heated”
- Trailer hitch and electric brake control
- Pergo flooring
- Day/night blinds
- Diamond plate bumper fills
- Extensive maintenance by Cinnabar in past years, including front and rear brakes, hoses, master cylinder, suspension, front and rear bearings, shocks, radiator
- New shocks front and rear, new wheel bearings on all wheels.
- New headliner installed in 2019
NEW! | 1977 Royale
VA | $12,000; however, will consider reasonable offers | listed 5/20/2020
Mae Arrington | | 804-780-0093 H | 804-335-6075 C
26’ – Engine runs well; comes with awnings that are only 3 years old; center bath; rear twin beds; parquet floors; stove; refrigerator; microwave, and TV included; silver with blue stripes. Needs a good home! Selling as is!
Original w/ 112K Mi; Wet hot kit and bath; rear BR w/ full; Sofa and dinette convert to sleep many; lots storage; owned by mechanical engineer, George DelVecchio.
26 foot classic motor coach, 403 V8 rebuilt Cadillac engine, automatic transmission, front wheel drive, steel belted radial tires, sleeps 6 adults comfortably, one queen, one double and two bunks, three sinks, shower, toilet, refrigerator, stove and cook top. Lockable gun or valuable storage safe, CB radio, New custom stereo system with 8 speakers, New sage green carpet and upholstery. New headliner and curtains, rebuilt like new Onan, New Brakes, New front air conditioner and heater, New Batteries, New starter, New electric water heater, New water tank, Remodeled bathroom interior, New custom built teak under bed storage unit, teak boat grab bars in master bedroom for extra clothes hanging. New custom built master bed, New exhaust manifolds, New air bag levelers, New custom built steering wheel, New satellite TV antenna, New exterior lights, New custom window tint, Newly painted roof, Solar panels, luggage rack, This highly sought after classic motor home was way ahead of its time and is the only RV ever designed that has kept or increased its value. It has its original paint in the Palm Beach design which is in fair condition. Odometer reads 28,617. The engine was rebuilt at 65,000 miles so the mileage is actually 63,617. New class “A” designer series RV cover in box paid $500. Paperwork on rebuild and all other repairs included.
Zombie Themed – Walking Dead – MadMax – Gothic themed.
SEE ALL RENOVATIONS!
YES! It has the Oldsmobile Toronado drivetrain! Almost extinct finding a slantnose with Toronado drivetrain. 99% had Chevy transfer which is a deathnail.
Has a bike hauler permanently built into back bumper for carrying one moped or motorcycle etc.
“Could easily be repainted if you don’t like the black color.”
Now mostly replumbed with red and blue pex, and includes two $300 oil rubbed bronze Victorian Faucets. (Kitchen and lavatory) Also now includes a brand new unused black futon, and 6 aluminum stabilizers.”
Following repairs done by Barry Owen (GMC Specialist) are less than 2 years old!
- Entire Braking system checked and repaired, replaced as necessary- Stops on a dime!
- All hubs, wheel cylinders drums etc
- New Radiator
- New Water Pump
- Gas Tank removed, restored etc
- All fuel lines
- All brake lines, rotors, pads shoes
- All belts
- All pulleys
- And more
Done by another licensed local mechanic and/or myself:
- New Elderbrock Pro Performer Chrome Intake
- New Elderbrock 650 CFM Carb
- Hew Holley High Performance Fuel Pump
- Rear FP
- ALL hoses and ALL tubing to engine
- complete engine overhaul
- Manifold gaskets
- exhaust gaskets
- Gauges, valves, and on motor gauges, fuel filters, canisters, points plugs wires distribution rotor cap button and much more ($7000 total in engine alone)
- 6 BRAND NEW TIRES ($1300)
- Exterior painted flat black. These was to be zombie apocalypse or madmax themed motorhome. Perfect for Burning Man or Wastelanders! A turret and flamethrower will be included. Working on a cowguard for front bumper. Have cages for windows.
- Gothic cast iron candle holders on side.
- New LED lights all around.
- New Carpet
- Painted Interior eggshell bright white (for LED reflection effects) Planned to put red led all through interior.
- Accents in turquois & yellow** see below
- New drivers floorboard (window was left barely cracked open for 25 years)
- Restored dog box
- New brake pedal, linkage etc
- CD player
- New speakers
- New matching couch/trundle bed
- Funeral Home Bowtie Curtains (switched theme to Gothic) **(recommend repaint accents in Burgendy.)
- Generator rebuilt (float still needs work)
- Electrical checks ok
- Runs like a beast! VERY FAST! Sounds AWESOME!
- Restored some of plumbing with Pex and upgraded pump
- Top AC units removed (can be stored “hidden” in a standard car garage per HOA requirements) and sunroofs installed (pics taken before this was done)
- We have a new huge portable 18,000 BTU $1300 120V Heat pump and ac for an additional $750.
- We have a mock turret and real flame thrower for roof
- We have 2 large NOS chrome Revcon Wall badges from Fountain Valley CA (Find another pair of these! I dare you!)
- Bathroom was left 100% original minus new carpet just for laughs. Why anyone would want to keep this original with 4 shades of brown and 3 shades of tan is beyond me. I also have the original “castle” curtains. If you want them. I kept EVERYTHING just in case.
Over 60 modifications total in past 2 years. Still needs a few minor things. WE NEVER USED IT.
We have the ORIGINAL full length awning but it will need new vinyl. We have a lot more as well. Almost $20,000 in JUST parts and labor invested. $18,000 gets everything listed including 2 Chrome Badges that are extinct and sat in a drawer for 20 years.I’m losing money at this price, and I’ve never even got to use it.