GMC Motorhomes for Sale – Listed by Year and Model
This page viewed over 8,500 times a month and kept current!
A GMCMI Member Benefit: GMCMI members selling their GMC Motorhome can receive a free ad listing on the gmcmi.com website (plus up to 9 photos), quarterly magazine and announcement on the GMCMI Facebook page, Vintage GMC Motorhome facebook page and the gmc.net (forum). Simply send an email to with your ad content, contact information, location, price and up to 9 photos. For more information call Kim at 612-501-4600.
NEW Member Benefit | GMCMI Member Benefit: GMCMI members selling their GMC Motorhome can transfer the remainder of their GMCMI membership to the new owner! Simply inform GMCMI at and a new member packet will be sent to the new owners. Plus, the new owner can purchase the GMCMI Flashdrive for only $10! (including shipping)
Not a GMCMI Member: Simply click here to join GMCMI for $40 and receive all of the member benefits as well! Including free advertising on the website and magazine.
Click here to see GMC Motorhomes that have sold via this listing!
NEW! | 1978 Revcon Chamelot 31.5′
NC | $18,000 | listed 5-30-19
Michael | 336-225-1445 | Calls ONLY please. I do not do texts or emails!
A Zombie Themed – Walking Dead – MadMax – Gothic themed.
YES! It has the Oldsmobile Toronado drivetrain! Almost extinct finding a slantnose with Toronado drivetrain. 99% had Chevy transfer which is a death nail. Has a bike hauler permanently built into back bumper for carrying one moped or motorcycle etc. All repairs listed below are LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD!!!
- Almost $20,000 in JUST parts and labor invested. $18,000 gets everything listed including 2 Chrome Badges that are extinct and sat in a drawer for 20 years.
I’m losing money at this price, and I’ve never even got to use it.
Following repairs done by Barry Owen (GMC Specialist)
- Entire Braking system checked and repaired, replaced as necessary- Stops on a dime!
- All hubs, wheel cylinders drums etc.
- New Radiator, New Water Pump
- Gas Tank removed, restored etc
- All fuel lines
- All brake lines, rotors, pads shoes
- Alternator, All belts, All pulleys, And more
Done by another licensed local mechanic and/or myself:
- New Elderbrock Pro Performer Chrome Intake
- New Elderbrock 650 CFM Carb
- Hew Holley High Performance Fuel Pump
- Rear FP
- ALL hoses and ALL tubing to engine
- complete engine overhaul
- Manifold gaskets
- exhaust gaskets
- Gauges, valves, and on motor gauges, fuel filters, canisters, points plugs wires distribution rotor cap button and much more ($7,000 total in engine alone)
- 6 BRAND NEW TIRES ($1,300)
- Exterior painted flat black. These was to be zombie apocalypse or madmax themed motorhome. Perfect for Burning Man or Wastelanders! A turret and flamethrower will be included. Working on a cowguard for front bumper. Have cages for windows. Gothic cast iron candle holders on side.
- New LED lights all around.
- New Carpet
- Painted Interior eggshell bright white (for LED reflection effects) Planned to put red led all through interior.
- Accents in turquoise & yellow** see below
- New drivers floorboard (window was left barely cracked open for 25 years)
- Restored dog box
- New brake pedal, linkage etc
- CD player and New speakers
- New matching couch/trundle bed
- Funeral Home Bowtie Curtains (switched theme to Gothic) **(recommend repaint accents in Burgendy..)
- Generator rebuilt (float still needs work)
- Electrical checks ok
- Runs like a beast! VERY FAST! Sounds AWESOME!
- Restored some of plumbing with Pex and upgraded pump
- Top AC units removed (can be stored “hidden” in a standard car garage per HOA requirements) and sunroofs installed (pics taken before this was done)
- We have a new huge portable 18,000 BTU $1300 120V Heat pump and ac for an additional $750.
- We have a mock turret and real flame thrower for roof
- We have 2 large NOS chrome Revcon Wall badges from Fountain Valley CA (Find another pair of these! I dare you!)
- Bathroom was left 100% original minus new carpet just for laughs. Why anyone would want to keep this original with 4 shades of brown and 3 shades of tan is beyond me. I also have the original “castle” curtains. If you want them. I kept EVERYTHING just in case.
- Over 60 modifications total in past 2 years. Still needs a few minor things. WE NEVER USED IT.
- We have the ORIGINAL full length awning but it will need new vinyl.
We have a lot more as well
OH | reduced to $22,000 on 6-2-19 |
Tom Hampton-Grandview Motorhome | | 937-537-1612
- Rebuilt Final drive
- Rebuilt Transmission
- Frame is in good shape
- Handles great
- Runs strong
- Paint good but not perfect
- Sleeps 4
- Dinette chair converts to handicap bed ( 8 way power seat )
- Rear Flex Steel jackknife couch
- Glass cooktop
- Norcold refrigerator
- New Mac Dash
- 3 – 8 way power seats and more in vinyl
- Handicap shower and toilet
- Honda generator
- Alcoa wheels
NEW! | 1974 GMC Motorhome
WA | $6,950 | listed 6-6-2019
Jeff Eichen | 360-774-2235 |
- No water damage
- 81k original miles
- 455 Oldsmobile V8
- Needs new tires
- 1-Extra clean airbag included
- New Furnace- 1k invested
- Clean original interior. Great Hard shell headline. One of the most iconic motorhomes in clean original condition. A truly must see.
Come out to the Port Townsend in Jefferson county. I bought this GMC to restore and while beginning the project I bought a 2nd one, So I am selling her now. Here is the list of the major things I have done in the past two years:
- Added a brand new Propane heater/ Furnace.
- New fluids, filters, etc
- 1- extra Air-bag
- Runs well
Motorhome is in very good condition. Mostly original interior and a permanent bed in back, replacing the rear fold-down seats. Dash air conditioning does not work. Zip-Dee awning in not healthy, but I have a very good spare ( Let’s talk) I believe it is an A+E awning. Mechanically good. Has the Olds 455. This is a very decent and clean coach which will restore very nicely. Motorhome has 81,518 miles on the clock, Onan Gen-set is a mystery, but repairable. Sale includes a very nice, extra Air bag.
This GMC comes with a clean title. The gentleman I purchased it from had owned it for several year from Vashon Isle. I spent time getting her to the shape she is in currently with a specialized GMC Mechanic here in WA. Please come see her and Let’s make a deal. Here is the link to more photos: http://jeichen.zenfolio.com/
NEW! | 1975 Glenbrook
NH | $55,000 | listed 5-28-2019
Paul | 508-954-8075
GMC completely restore in 1997 and updated again last year with new kitchen including Corian counter, new Samsung convection microwave, deep stainless steel sink, and stainless two-burner cooktop plus a new vinyl plank floor. 78,000 miles on coach just returned from a 4,000 mile trip and had no issues. Rear twin bed, dry bath.
1975 Glenbrook & 1978 VW Karman Convertible – Perfect Pair!
WA | $22,500 GMC and $14,000 VW | listed 7-10-2018
Elaine | 509-375-3432
LIGHTLY USED, EXCELLENT CONDITION
GMC Glenbrook Motorhome – asking $22,500
- Custom exterior paint to match the original “ivory” color of “tow car.”
- New dash cover, two new leather/like driver and passenger seats, plus custom cabinet by driver’s seat
- Wood underflooring replaced + new vinyl + area carpeting
- Dash curtain plus curtain to divide coach
- Day/night blinds w. cornices matching new couch
- 2 chairs plus dropleaf wood table
- New furnace, new refrigerator/freezer
- New sink + faucet and counter top
- 4 burner stove with conv. oven
- All new headliner plus new custom ceiling fans
- New mattress and quilted bed spread
- Bathroom has shower area plus new toilet
- New macerater pump, 2 new side mirrors
- 2 new 6-volt batteries and towing hitch
- All new custom wheels and tires
- All owner’s manuals, etc.
- Engine has always been cared for by professional mechanics
- Stored under heavy-duty cover
1978 Classic Karmann Convertible – asking $14,000
- Low mileage – 70,910 miles
- Fuel Injection
- Original paint, interior dash, etc.
- Stored in garage
Both vehicles have been lovingly cared for and can be sold separately. Located in the Tri-Cities, Washington state.
NEW! | 1976 Eleganza II
IN | $10,900
| listed 6-18-19
Larry Snider | 765-618-6691 |
Our 1976 GMC Eleganza has brand new Firestones with stainless wheel simulators, a new
air bag system. The system has a twin needle gauge with two rocker switches and a on-off
rocker switch for the compressor. New upholstery. New Flexsteel driver and passenger seats.
Can be driven any where, has a really strong 455 engine. It drives and handles great. I will be
78 in August and it is time for us to sell. Have a lot of documentation, receipts, manuals, etc.
NEW! | 1976 Glenbrook
FL | $22,500 | listed 6-18-19
Elias Ohan | 305-772-8810 call or text
- Engine olds 455
- All new fuel lines replaced from tanks to carburetor with high grade marine fuel hose.
- Front wheel drive all in working and running order
- The main cabin/engine ac works all the belts hoses etc….
- The roof ac works
- 3way nor-cold fridge n freezer working great
- New batteries and alternator on engine and generator compartment
- Generator was serviced recently starts right up and powers up the whole rig
- 16 inch Alcoa stainless steel rims with all new tires
- Replaced master cylinder front pads and rotors and bearings all new shocks all around.
- The awning is a Zip Dee, works great no rips
- Rear brakes were also all replaced.
- 109K MILES runs great so many upgrades done to this coach to have it road worthy.
PRICE LOWERED! | 1976 Glenbrook
MN | $21,000
$27,000 | listed 8-14-17 lowered 7-1-18
93,000 miles. This coach is road worthy. We have spent almost two years having professions make repair and improvements. This spring, the coach was reviewed by a professional for all kinds of little things to get all systems as perfect as possible
- Original Imron Aviation paint (nearly perfect)
- Air Horns
- Flame Thrower driving lights
- Roof Air – High efficiency, new 2004
- Storage Pod and ladder
- Rear suspension air bag system inspected – no leaks
- Eight new shock absorbers installed
- Entry step
- Rear wheel skirts
- Complete awning
- New headliner 2004
- All shades and curtains in good and operating condition
- Custom Naugahyde cover for entire carpet when new
- Refrigerator -3 way, new 2001
- Microwave Oven
- Three burner propane range
- Water Heater – stainless steel with engine preheat– new 2002
- Complete bath (sink, shower, stool)
- Wired for TV center and rear compartments
- CB Radio
- AM/FM/tape deck
- Power roof vents
- Cab A/C completely rebuilt 2015
- Curtain installed to isolate driving compartment for two person driving
- Oldsmobile 455ci V8 engine, external cooler
- Hydramatic transmission, checked, flushed, new fluid
- New exhaust manifold gaskets and connections to new muffler.
- New tires 91338 miles
- New Batteries
- Battery and electrical wiring and cables and replaced as advisable.
- Onan generator (6 kw, 115V)
- Ignition system all replaced 92,289 miles
- Front suspension all overhauled, aligned, and modernized with new linkages and ball joints
- Front end and rear end aligned and put on same track with wheel spacers
- New power steering pump and steering pulley
- New fan clutch
- 12 Volt converter/charger
Located between Rochester & Syracuse on Lake Ontario. 26 foot. Mileage estimated at 54K.
Interior description: Dinette with Captain Chairs in living space; Kitchen with stove, oven, refrig/freezer, sink; Rear master with Full sized bed. Dinette converts to bed in front. Wet bath with commode, shower, sink. Lots of storage throughout. Fabric upgraded.
Exterior description: White with black/Maroon accents – repainted by prior owner. Has storage pod, on-board generator, heat and A/C, house batteries separate from engine battery. Switch installed to interchange batteries (learned at one of the rallies.)
Video at https://youtu.be/GqUvrTXWK4k.
NEW! | Golby Twin Bed Conversion
FL | $45,000 | listed 5-30-19
Donald Grisham | 863-291-4314 |
Conversion to Rear Twin Beds, Dry Side Bath BY GOLBY GMC
- Same owner 20+ years. Stored in air-conditioned garage.
- Retractable awnings all around
- Rooftop storage container, satellite TV antenna
- External sun visor above windshield. New panoramic side view mirrors with turn signals.
- New sliding driver/psgr windows. Recently replaced seals all windows.
- Front & rear bumper covers, front & rear flared wheel well trim.
Tires 4 yrs. old with Alcoa wheels.
- Auxiliary engine compartment vents.
- Auxiliary fuel boost pump.
- New instrument panel. Manual house/chassis connection switch.
New steering wheel. New driver/psgr seats.
- 455 Oldsmobile engine. Zinc filled intake manifold. Stainless steel headers & exhaust. Driver / psgr area treated with lead-faced foam for less engine noise.
- Flat screen tv/dvd combo. Modern radio/cd player. CB radio.
- Bath with separate shower. New commode.
- 2 yr. old refrigerator/freezer. Microwave. Four burner propane stove. Double sink.
- Built-in stow away dining table.
- Propane Heater. Two air-conditioners.
- One stationary, one recliner chair. Sofa with storage below. All reupholstered / recovered.
- Windshield privacy screen. Venetian blinds all windows.
- New flooring with simulated wood vinyl planking.
- Dual airbag suspension.
- Honda generator.
- New holding tank. Macerator pump for emptying holding tank.
PRICE REDUCED! | 1977 Royale 26’
OR | $28,000 reduced 6-11-19 |
$31,900 listed 5-15-19 | 152,500 miles
Dan MacKinnon | | 503-639-8772
I have been privileged to be the second owner of this beautiful GMC motorhome. It was purchased in 1993, in Garden Grove, CA, from a widow who told of their wonderful travels, but had little useful vehicle information, other than, “it was always kept under a carport.” However, the husband’s log book indicated he had kept up on maintenance, repairs, and made no important changes to the vehicle.
Starting with 93K miles on the vehicle, my wife and I brought it home to Portland, Oregon. We kept it under a large tarp for the first year while we built its own RV garage. The replacement engine, an Oldsmobile 455, has had plenty of power, so we have not made extensive powertrain upgrades. The vehicle handles and tracks very well, so we have not made extensive alterations to the suspension. The paint’s appearance is great, but I can see that a stylish design would really bring out the vehicle’s beauty.
The interior has been enhanced, however, as our goal was to maintain the GMC’s design ambience, and to show off the homey beauty of the Coachman walnut interior. This coach has more interior storage space than any other GMC I have seen. With the table folded down, the living area is extremely spacious. As this Royale model was the top-of-the-line, party-model, the bedroom is larger than in other GMC models.
After 10 years of hoping my wife’s interests might change and praying for my eyesight to improve, it is now time to free myself of quarterly engine warm-ups and maintenance duties, — and allow another family to enjoy this wonderful vehicle. Here are its specs and history:
Engine: Oldsmobile 455-cu in, rebuilt by Winterfeldt (52K miles on it), including distributor, carburetor, 80 amp alternator, Hayden fan clutch, water pump, and final drive 3.42 ratio upgrade; Aux Oil cooler; Lower Radiator Guard; Digi-Panel gauge and alarm panel; Tachometer; Vacuum gauge; Altimeter; External Temp Sensor.
Transmission: 16K on Transmission rebuilt by Snow’s in Redmond, OR.; Speedometer correction adapter; Transmission cooler – Long TruCool.
Tires, Brakes & Suspension: Electro-Level-1 with two operating Dana air compressors (recently rebuilt) with gauges and controls on driver’s arm-rest, including safety and operational upgrades; Two (extra) NIB Firestone air bags; Six Bilstein shock absorbers; 6 Bridgestone Tires, load range E (with 24K miles), on 16.5” original factory chromed wheels; Spare tire has a solid fiberglass “GMC” cover. Front suspension all overhauled, aligned, and modernized with new linkages and ball joints; Brake system has a Supplemental Safety Vacuum Pump and Sensitized Brake Booster;
Cockpit: Seats: Ford – spotless fabric, recline & swivel for house use; Custom upholstered center console contains 2 stereo speakers, 1 CB speaker, 2 map shelves, 2 cup holders, and display mount; Radio – JVC AM/FM/CD, MP3 capable, CD changer controls, separate stereo speakers for D&P, also bedroom; CB Radio – Midland built into driver’s arm-rest, has two mirror-mounted 52” long-range antennas.
Ventilation: D&P Side-window air-scoops; 4” diam cable-controlled floor-vents (these vents provide super ventilation such that the AC is seldom needed while traveling); Two Maxxair vent-hoods.
Body: Very good condition; Only slight unrepaired damage; Repainted with Imron by previous owner, some minor wear/chips/abrasions; Always stored undercover/garaged; Chrome is faded yet presentable; Bike-rack – Turbo, carries two bikes; Ragusa aluminum door-step and front-bumper step.
Living area: Solid-walnut interior by Coachman, has been professionally refinished (only used once since); Carpet throughout is in excellent condition; Separate closet with 26” wide doors; Additional lighting and outlets throughout; Levelor day-and-night cellular window shades treatments with upholstered retainer valances.
Bedroom: Custom Warm Window insulated draperies; Mattress – Sleep-n-Aire, queen, custom foam; Assisted lift & supported bed deck with huge storage space beneath.
Bathroom: Separate bathroom with fan & door; Toilet – Thetford Aqua-magic Galaxy; Shower – Separate with bi-fold door and light.
Kitchen: Oven – Sharp convection/microwave combo; Refrigerator – Dometic Royale 8 cu ft. 3-way (LP/120v/12v), with custom door panels; Range – Atwood 2-burner; range hood with 2-speed fan; Water pressure/accumulator tank; Faucet – Delta; LP gas detector; Wine cabinet has been converted to dish storage; new matching Formica on kitchen surfaces and fridge doors.
Dinette: Table – Custom Crafted, solid oak, stowable (easily deployed by a single lever); Custom built & upholstered J-sofa; (contains a stored picnic table with seats, 2 outdoor folding-chairs, and 2 large storage areas beneath.
Windows: D&P windshields have been replaced; Exterior privacy-sunscreen wraps all front windows; Privacy curtain behind D&P seats and on door-window (curtains are stored away when not in use — so they’re not blowing in the breeze during travel); Tinted-glass in living areas; See “Bedroom” and “Living areas” above.
HVAC: AC (center); Fans– Fan-tastic (front & rear); Furnace (new) – Suburban Dyna-trail LP 24,000 BTU; Thermostat – Airguide; Cooling assisted by two (L&R), full length, Zip Dee awnings and awning side-screen.
Audio/Video: TV: Winegard antenna with amplifier, cabled to kitchen and bedroom.
Water: Water heater (new) – Atwood 6 gal, gas/120v/engine heat, auto-igniter; Fresh water supply 40 gal.; Macerator – Par pump; Two waste water tanks (grey & black); Rear-frame skids protect waste water plumbing.
12v & 120v Electric: TrueCharge 40+ battery charger; 4-battery wiring (1 battery provided); Battery selection switch; Shore-power GFCI and surge protection; Additional light fixtures; Dual automatic transfer switches detect and select 120v, battery, or MG. Onan 6Kw genset with updated control board and replaced drawer slides.
LP Gas: 19.8-gal horizontal tank, with safety valve change installed.
Information: Includes the complete set of manuals for this year/model, plus loads of tips, magazines, technical articles, factory bulletins, etc. Also includes important spare parts and collection of useful used parts.
Photo Note: Some of these photos are purposely distorted by the wide-angle lens used for enhanced views.
MI | $25,000 | listed 8-18-17
Greg Smith | | 313-886-8546
Mechanically sound 26 foot GMC with 40,000 miles on the engine and 120,000 miles on the coach. I took my family of 7 on many memorable highway adventures in this coach, mostly in the late 90‘s (twice to California from Michigan among many other trips). The coach drives like a dream, please read over the upgrades and if you have any questions please contact me.
- Sleeps 6, seats 13 for Tailgate Parties
- Original Interior(needs front headliner and Roof Vent), Original Exterior Color
- Current owner since 1995
- Maintained by Cinnabar Engineering since 1994
Convenience Upgrades: Large Rooftop Pod, 2 Rooftop A/C Units, Two “Fan-Tastic” Roof Vents, Top Mounted Remote Control Spot/Flood Light, Rear Ladder, Front Bumper Fold-Down Step, Screen Door with Fold-up Step at Entrance, Side Window Fresh Air Vents for Driver and Copilot, Caspro Quick Steering (Plus Original Steering box), Full coach dust
Safety Upgrades: Caspro Disc Brakes on Mid-Axle (Plus Original Drum Brakes), Auxiliary Vacuum Pump for Brakes, Caspro Positive Shift Kit, Alcoa Wheels (7), Bilstein Shocks, Roof Mounted Air Horns
- 455 Jasper Engine with 3.42 Final Drive (Plus Original 3.07 Final Drive, Complete
- Headers (thermal coated) into a 3 inch exhaust
- Driver adjustable ignition timing with knock sensor
- Generac NP66G 6600 Watt Generator (Model 096000-3, S/N 3104828)
1978 Eleganza II
NY | $10,000 | listed 6-21-16
Suzanne (DelVecchio) Glenn | | 214-616-9792
Original w/ 112K Mi; Wet hot kit and bath; rear BR w/ full; Sofa and dinette convert to sleep many; lots storage; owned by mechanical engineer, George DelVecchio.
NEW! | 1978 Royale
NC | $12,000 | listed 5-28-19
Tyler Townsend |
- Located in Raleigh, NC
- Walnut interior cabinetry
- New solid bamboo hardwood flooring with sound deadener underlayment
- Double facing couch/bunk beds to the rear of entry door sleeps four, front dinette also can sleep two for total of six.
- 403 cubic inch motor and TH425 transmission
- 99K miles
- Thorley exhaust headers
- 3 inch stainless steel exhaust and mufflers (Jim K’s kit)
- Dick Paterson spark plug wires and oil elbow
- Westberg Tachometer/Vaccuum gauge
- Supplemental electric fuel pump and large filter back by the gas tanks for priming
- Exhaust crossover blocked
- Replaced gas tanks and all fuel lines 2017
- Full brake service a year ago – new stainless lines front to back, new soft lines front and back, calipers, pads, shoes on trued drums, hardware, master cylinder
- Like new Dometic Freedom 2812 110 volt or propane refrigerator (still has interior doors taped for shipping)
- Rear bath layout with actual tub and large closet in back
- Brazilian Koa rear bath countertop and Delta bar sink faucet
- Ragusa entry step
- Ragusa rear battery tray
- Ragusa two battery front tray
- Electro-level system for the rear air suspension operational, pump is a cheap replacement but system integrity is all there.
- Large original propane tank is located under the forward facing bench in the front dinette on this floorplan
- Onan was just replaced, runs great, remote panel works.
- Two Duo-cool house air conditioners in good order
- Pull down self tensioning window blinds
- KYB shocks
- Original style rear suspension air bags with Schrader and lock offs
- Two GMC 2500 HD 16” alloy rims (front only) with two year old tires (currently on coach)
- Firestone Transforce radial tires on 16.5 steel rims (I would recommend 16” wheel switch when replacing tires next. The Transforces are six years old but in great shape – I personally would not run them after 2019 season, but new owner can determine combo of wheels and tires (see Alcoa option below))
- Engine battery and main house battery on Ragusa tray up front
- West Marine combiner so house and engine batteries both charge from any source, but can not discharge from each other
- Slide out Ragusa tray in generator compartment holds a third 12 volt battery for starting Onan
- 40 Gallon fresh water tank
- 15 gallon blackwater tank
- 25 gallon greywater tank
- Macerator and 3” waste plumbing newly rebuilt
- Water heater runs off propane, as well as engine heat (new hoses put on this year)
- Suburban NT-30 propane furnace
- “Through the bumper” tow receiver
- Notebooks of owner’s and maintenance manuals
Optional items (I have two coaches, will be keeping these if not wanted with the Royale)
- 7 Alcoas can be included with coach with two year old tires for $3000
- Two inch front wheel spacers can be included for $200
- Al Branscomb parking brake kit (not currently installed) can be included for $500
- New radiator rock guard (not currently installed) $100
- Gas tank heat shields (go along the exhaust pipe as a heat barrier, not currently installed) $75
- 3×5 matching storage pod for the roof (not currently installed) $200
- Fiberglass “GMC” moniker spare tire cover (needs the hardware) $150
Not so goods:
- Ceiling vinyl is peeling off honey colored wood paneling. I planned to use heat gun to release they vinyl glue and retain the original plywood paneling.
- Light fogging on windshield edges, driver side a tad more than passenger. I would not fix it for me, but it’s not perfect.
- Onan hour meter does not work.
- Exterior paint is original, front striping already removed
- Some ceiling damage over tub from a previous water leak around sewer vent
- Climate vacuum control vent mechanism disintegrated, but I think this is the one year you can get that part from Jim K for $30
- One orange clearance light lens is busted
OR | $20,000 | listed 11-2-18
Dave Tolle | 661-904-6781 |